Do you want to root your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360? Here is the detailed tutorial on the rooting process that changes the present operating system to Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread). Moreover Samsung Galaxy Y phone has reached a mark in the market as highly sold device. It is the entry level smartphone that comes at best price. Actually, in order to root the device one should unlock the boot loader manually using some apps. But Samsung Galaxy Y has an unlocked boot loader along with recovery options. So, just follow the simple process at your own risk to get the upgraded version of Android 2.3.6 to Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
Download the packages carefully and get the root user access by just flashing it. Make sure that you have taken a back of current ROM to revert it back to original state in case you found the process difficult.
Statutory Warning – Rooting voids device warranty. TechEmpty holds no responsibility in case your device is damaged or bricked.
Make sure –
- Device has atleast 75% battery charging
- Take backup of all the necessary data like Browsing history, Call Logs, SMS’s etc
- Disable all security suites like antivirus / firewall etc
- Enable Unknown Sources by going through Settings then Security
- Finally Enable USB debugging under settings.
Rooting Process of Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360
- First and foremost step is to collect all the necessary packages and download update package.zip then save on to your Computer.
- Then Send this entire update package.zip to your phone memory card of your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 by connecting through USB Cable or by any means. After the completion remove the cable from the computer.
- Now observe keenly. Turn off the device and then restart it by pressing “Volume up + Home” button at a time to run the device on stock recovery mode.
- You will see a screen something like command prompt in the computer.
- Now observe carefully the option named as “Install zip from SD card” by using Volume adjustment keys then select “Choose zip from SD card”. In this step you need to browse the update package.zip to flash it. Confirm the installation by selecting “Yes” through the power button.
- This entire process takes around 5 minutes and press “+++Go Back+++” then select “Reboot System Now” from the main menu.
Congratulations!! Now your device Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 is powered with Android 2.3.6. Have you faced any issues while Rooting Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360? Comment below.