So are you ready to update your Motorola Droid Razr XT912 CDMA Mobile with Android 4.1.2 manually? Then read out the complete tutorial to know how to update Droid Razr XT912 with official firmware. It can be achieved without rooting your mobile. Upon the launch of large vareity of smartphone by Motorolla, it was rolling out some update to their previous models. Recently Motorola Droid Razr XT912 got Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware and now you are learing how to do it manually. However, this update can also be done over the air(OTA) and here we mentioned the steps to update Droid Razr XT912 CDMA to Jelly Bean Manually.
Manual Update Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA with Official Jellybean 4.1.2
Statutory Warning – Please do follow the steps exactly as mentioned in this article. Try at your own risk. We hold no responsibility if your device is bricked or damaged.
Here are the step by step process to get it done. Just gather all the resources first and the proceed further. This tutorial is for Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Smartphone. Don’t try this on any other device that you have J.
- Ensure that the device having more than 70% of Battery.
- Backup all your data
- Disable all your Antivirus and Firewall programs both in computer and from your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging [Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging]
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package for Motorola Droid Razr Xt912 CDMA
- Download Mattlgroff’s Razr Utility
- Get Voodoo OTA Root keeper tool from Play store.
- First Extract Update package and copy “Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update Package” to SD Card[root directory] of your phone.
- Second step is to install “Mattlgroff’s Razr Utility” onto your personal computer.
- Install Voodoo OTA Root keeper tool on your mobile.
- Connect your mobile through USB cable to your computer in Fastboot Mode.
- Next find “DroidRazrUtility.bat” from Mattlgroff’s Razr Utility Package and double click the .bat file to open it.
- From the options displayed on the screen, select 1st option to fastbook back to complete stock .211 firmware.
- After completing the process re-open “DroidRazrUtility.bat” and be sure that your mobile is connected to PC in ON condition and the change the connection mode to MTP by “Settings > Developer Options > and tick the box beside USB Debugging”
- Open “DroidRazrUtility.bat” again and now select Option 2. Here open the app drawer in your phone to navigate the Voodoo OTA Root Keeper app and open the same so they run simultaneously.
- When the Superuser access in prompted, select the option “Protect Root” and hence reboot the device.
- Here you have to boot the device in Boot Loader Mode. Before doing it go back to OTA root keeper and select “temp unroot”. Then turn off your mobile completely and power it ON by pressing Power Button + Down Volume key at the same time till the screen flickers. On it has done, press Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down quickly to enter into boot loader mode.
- Here select “Recovery” using volume keys.
- Navigate to “install zip from sd card” and then select Jellybean 4.1.2 package.
- Wait for few minutes until it get installed with Android Jellybean 4.1.2. After the competion of installation you will get “install from sd card completed” message. Select “go back” and “reboot system now”.
Congratuations!! Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android smartphone is now powered with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Ping us back if you are facing any issues with this Manual Motorola Droid Razr XT 912 CDMA Android 4.1.2 update.